Creative methods of Leonardo da Vinci Part 2
To the question "what was his secret?" we seem to never be able to find a definitive answer, but from the point of view of psychology of creativity, the basis is seen in the fact that asking yourself "Can I do it?", he's a Great Kid, never answered "Why do I need this?"
This is partly due to the fact that in the Renaissance, the professions of artist, architect and engineer did not differ. A painter by order of the Emperor or community could build a Church, to erect walls, to drain the swamp to cast the statue, write a painting, to come up with costumes for the holiday, create a plan of garden, etc. As a craftsman, he had to know the properties of materials and ways of dealing with them.
In addition, he had to be able to apply in his work the laws of geometry and mechanics, to follow the laws of harmony, and deliberately to imitate the aesthetics of antiquity. No matter how wonderful the artist was Leonardo, but in this area he has shown the most outstanding ability. One only the practice of painting did not satisfy him, he wanted to understand the nature of what was portrayed.
In all this the historian of science George Bernal was right when he said that "the life and works of Leonardo illustrates how the hopes and failures of the Renaissance". A large part of the craftsman was brought to an end. Unfinished left many frescoes, paintings, sculptures, were not systematic record of precious information obtained as a result of observations and unique experiences.
The tragedy of genius consisted in the fact that almost none of them invented mechanical devices could not work, even if Leonardo found the money for its construction. "Without the knowledge of statics and dynamics, without use of Prime mover like steam engine, the engineer of the Renaissance actually could not even go beyond the limits of traditional practice".
Leonardo had no University education, so he didn't have to relearn to refute the scholastic dogmas, but this circumstance led to his lack of mathematical knowledge that were required to implement their ideas or to convince others of their truth. He was forced to wander in search of the support of the powerful, did not find the money for the realization of projects, was under investigation, he died an exile. But to blame Leonardo for his luck, as wittily noted Professor of Phillipson, is to blame Columbus, he found the way to India.
His most important achievement was the approximation of the image of man to the Image of the Creator. As paradoxical as it sounds, we have only recently begun to understand that the main achievements of Leonardo are the achievements of his personality, those developments of the mind, the skills of comprehension of the harmony that inspired the creativity of people, contemporary and born after many centuries: "He left behind no school, and was more of a mastermind than the head".
"He found God in the marvelous beauty of the light, harmonious movement of the planets, in the intricate operation of muscles and nerves inside the human body and the ineffable delights of God's masterpiece which is called the human soul".
In the analysis of his notes, sketches, paintings, drawings in depth and the brilliant simplicity reveals the creative method of self-identity, method, reflection, organization and acquisition of knowledge, development of feelings and imagination. There is a significant amount of research devoted to the study of the principles of creativity da Vinci. Most correctly they were formulated by the psychologist Michael Gablam (1988-2000):
- Curiosity an interested strategy to existence, a constant investigation and ineradicable thirst for understanding;
- A profoundly ingrained habit to Verify your Understanding of Genuine lifetime expertise, self-love and a willingness to understand Away from Their mistakes;
- Sensation that the continuous advancement of these sensations, particularly eyesight, together with all the intention to Attain Increased freshness and immediacy of sensory encounter;
- Summate (actually "all gone") some willingness to independently accept All Types of doubt, paradox and ambiguity;
- Arte Siena that the urge to stability art and science, imagination and logic. Holistic believing relies on balanced and harmonious discussion between both hemispheres;
- Corporality that the instruction of corporal civilization: appropriate position, capability to behave together with both the palms, bodily endurance, capability to restrain the human own body;
- Concessioner also a profound consciousness of the inter connectedness of all phenomena and things, technique believing.