How do I add to my master category list?
Right click on the top of your mailbox folder set and choose Properties. Click the button “Upgrade to Color Categories…”. Outlook will scan your mailbox for items with Categories which aren’t in the Master Category List yet and will add them.
Can you add additional categories to Outlook?
You can also assign more than one color category to items. You can choose from a set of default categories or create your own, and then assign the categories to your Outlook items.
How do I remove category not in master category list?
If you select an item, open the categories dialog and deselect the category then delete the category from the master list, it stays in the list (marked not in the master list) until you close and reopen the category dialog.
How do I fix categories in Outlook?
Edit Categories in Outlook
- Go to the Home tab and select Categorize,in the Tags group.
- Select All Categories.
- Select the category you want to change and then take one of the following actions: Change the category title: Select Rename, type a new name, and press Enter.
- Select OK when you’re finished.
How do I add categories to master category in Outlook?
To build the new Category list in Outlook, right click on the top of the mailbox and choose Properties. Here you’ll see a button called “Upgrade to Color Categories…”. When you press this button, Outlook will look through the entire mailbox for Categories and when found, it will add them to the Master Category List.
How do I change the Master category in Outlook?
Outlook does not use the registry for a master category list; they are stored in the default message store (mailbox or pst)….Categories in Shared Folders
- Select it (so it’s highlighted)
- Click the New button.
- Outlook will assign the next unused color; change the color and set a shortcut key, if desired, then click Save.
How do I add more than 25 categories in Outlook?
Step 1: Select the message that you will add many color categories for. Step 2: Click the Home > Categorize > All Categories in the Tags group. In addition to Categorize button in Home Ribbon, right clicking selected message > Categorize > All Categories is also available.
How do I delete a master category in Outlook?
To remove categories from Outlook items, create a search folder to find the items that have categories assigned then remove the categories using Select All, then right click and choose Clear All Categories.
Why can’t I see all my categories in Outlook?
If the Categorize option doesn’t show up by the right click, then select the particular mail folder, and under the tags section, click on Categorize option. Select the color. So, this is how you can categorize your items on Outlook. If you want to create a category of your own, then it is also easy.
Where is Outlook Master Category List?
Outlook does not use the registry for a master category list; they are stored in the default message store (mailbox or pst). If you are setting up a new system and using your old pst the color categories will be available on the new system.
Why is categories not showing up in Outlook?
Add Color categories to emails in Outlook If the Categorize option doesn’t show up by the right click, then select the particular mail folder, and under the tags section, click on Categorize option.
How do you add a column of categories in Outlook?
Add or remove columns in a list view
- On the View tab, in the Current View group, click View Settings.
- In the Advanced View Settings dialog box, click Columns.
- In the Show Columns dialog box, in the Available columns list, click a column name, and then click Add.
- Click OK to save your changes and apply your new view.
Is there a limit to Outlook categories?
Categories allow you to easily identify and group associated items in Microsoft Outlook. As of the moment, there is no specific limit on creating categories in Outlook.
How do I access Master Category list in Outlook?
How do I show all categories in Outlook?
Show or hide categories in the navigation pane It just allows you to see a shorter category list. On the Outlook menu, click Preferences. Under Personal Settings, click Categories. Under Show in Navigation Pane, select or clear the check boxes that you want.
How many Outlook categories can you have?
How do you add the subject column in Outlook 2007?
Click the View > Current View > Messages in Outlook 2007….Step 5: Then the Show Columns dialog box comes out, and:
- Click the Select available columns from box, and select the All Mail fields from the drop down list;
- Click to highlight the Subject in the Available columns box;
- Click the Add button.
How do I create a master category in Outlook?
Where is the Master Category list in Outlook?
How do I add the subject column to Outlook?
Open Outlook > click on the ‘View’ tab > View Settings > Columns > select ‘Subject’ from ‘Available columns’ > Add > Move Up to make sure that ‘Subject is second in the list > OK > OK.
Where do I find the Master Category list in Outlook?
How do I add columns to all folders in Outlook?
Select “Manage views” in the drop-down menu.
- To manage the default columns for each new folder, select Change View in the View menu.
- Select the current view and click “Modify”.
- Click on “Columns” to set the default columns to display and their order.
- Add and remove columns using the buttons in the middle.
How do I update all folders in Outlook?
Update all Outlook folders:
- Open the Send/Receive tab.
- Hit the Send/Receive All folders button (or simply hit F9).