Can we do Asthi Visarjan in haridwar?
You can go to haridwar or varanasi. You can easily find the priest for asthi visarjan ritual at har-ki-paudi (haridwar) . Agni ghat is there at har-ki-paudi from where you can do asthi visarjan. Nearest rail head is haridwar, which has good connectivity from delhi.
Can we immerse ashes in haridwar?
Haridwar city administration has given permission to people who are coming there for post-cremation rituals to immerse ashes of their deceased family members, to stay in the town for 24 hours as lockdown restrictions are being gradually uplifted, during the Unlock 2.0 phase.
What is the procedure for Asthi Visarjan?
- Store the dead ash over the mud pot (Kalash) & cover it with a red cloth.
- While travelling to tirthsthal (i.e Prayagraj, Varanasi or Haridwar) do not place the Kalash on the ground.
- Always carry a white dhoti (for male) for yourself, to conduct the poojan.
Where should Asthi Visarjan be done?
Some of the most known places for Asthi Visarjan are:
- Haridwar (Garhwal region of Uttarakhand) Known as the Gateway to God, Haridwar is considered one of the seven holiest places in India.
- Varanasi (Banaras)
- Allahabad (In Uttar Pradesh)
- Garhmukteshwar (Uttar Pradesh)
- Ramkund Nashik (Maharashtra)
Where do I put ashes in Haridwar?
Besides Har-Ki-Pauri and Sati Ghat, ashes immersion is held at Kushavrat ghat, Gau ghat, Subash ghat, Birla ghat, Alaknanda ghat, Sarvanand ghat, Pt Madan Mohan Malviya ghat, Maharishi Kashyap ghat, Ganesh ghat, Bhagwan Valimiki ghat, and Bhagwan Vishwakarma ghat, among others.
How can I send Asthi to Haridwar?
To avail this facility, people need to register themselves on the portal of Om Divya Darshan (htpp://omdivysdarshan.org) for ‘asthi visarjan’ or ‘shraddh’ ceremony on the portal. The ashes can be placed in a packet and sent by speed post to Varanasi, Prayagraj, Haridwar and Gaya.
How many days we can keep Asthi?
Every year, when the Shradh month arrives, Hindus must perform a 15-day ritual in this regard. They aren’t allowed to trim their hair for the next fifteen days.
Can Asthi Visarjan be done later?
It is better to collect asthi on the 3rd day following cremation rites. If asthi are to be immersed after the 10th day then it should be done only after the performance of the ritual of tirtha-shraddha.