How do I categorize my WordPress Blog posts?
Assigning Posts to Categories:
- Go to My Sites → Site → Posts.
- Click on the post you want to assign to a category.
- Under Document Settings on the right, expand the Category option.
- Click the checkbox next to the category you want the post to be assigned to and publish your changes.
How do I show related posts by category in WordPress?
You can find it in the Themename Options > Blog section. For this article, we used the Behold theme, where the option for showing related posts is called Enable Related Posts. After enabling the appropriate option, you should check for the appearance of the related posts section by examining one of your blog posts.
Can a WordPress post have multiple categories?
WordPress lets you put a post into multiple categories. This could be several parent categories, or a parent category plus a subcategory or subcategories. Having multiple categories won’t benefit your SEO. You should only assign posts to multiple categories if it makes the most sense for your readers.
How do I organize my blog posts?
How to Successfully Organize and Plan Blog Content
- Have a plan for your month.
- Get post ideas together.
- Stick with a schedule.
- Plan and research content.
- Pre-write content headings.
- Find credible external links.
- Include relevant internal links.
- Prep affiliate links.
How do you add categories to blog posts?
Mouse over the post you want to add categorized subheaders to and then select “Edit.” Click “Labels” on the right side of the Blogger interface. Type your category into the text field. Add multiple categories by separating each with a comma.
How do I create subcategories in WordPress?
How to Create Subcategories in WordPress (In 3 Steps)
- Step 1: Start Editing a Post & Select the Categories Tab. To get started, navigate to the WordPress post that you want to add to a new subcategory.
- Step 2: Click on the Add New Category Link.
- Step 3: Select a Parent Category for Your WordPress Subcategory.
How do I show related blog posts?
Enable Related Posts
- Click Tools → Marketing in the left sidebar of your site dashboard.
- On the Traffic tab, scroll down to the “Related Posts” settings.
- Select either “Show related content after posts” or “Hide Related content after posts” to turn the feature on or off.
How do you get all posts related to a particular category name?
Just use WP_Query() to generate your custom query, using the category parameters. Assuming you know (or know how to get) the ID of the specific category, as $catid : php $category_query_args = array( 'cat' => $catid ); $category_query = new WP_Query( $category_query_args );?>
What is difference between tags and categories?
So, what’s the difference between tags and categories? While categories indicate the genre of your post, tags are more specific and indicate the specific topic your post seeks to cover. The best tags use a few words to describe what the post is about.
How do you plan to layout the blog?
Blog layout best practices to remember in 2021
- Make it a cumulative “learning center”
- Include article quick-summary boxes.
- Use a blog card layout.
- Use large, high-quality featured images.
- Narrow grid for your blog content.
- Utilize legible typography across all devices.
- Use short descriptive subheadings.
How many categories can a blog post have?
There’s no hard and fast rule for the right number of categories, but most niche blogs have between three to five, while larger sites have around five to ten categories.
How do you assign a blog post to a category?
Assign Categories when Adding or Editing a Post
- On the Add New/Edit Post screen, look for the Categories panel (at right).
- In the Categories panel, check the category name(s) to assign the post to.
- On the Publish panel (top right), click Save Draft, Publish or Update.
How do I show related posts for custom post type in WordPress?
If you want to show related posts for custom post type, then you need to be fetched by custom taxonomy terms of custom post type. You do not need to use any plugin for related post of custom post type.
What are related posts in WordPress?
The Related Posts Thumbnails Plugin for WordPress is another highly-rated related posts plugin in the WordPress directory. Like Contextual Related Posts, this plugin allows you to display related posts in the sidebar of your site or in posts or pages using a custom Gutenberg block, shortcode, or widget.
How do I categorize my blog posts?
Categorizing my blog posts in their menu pages
- Firstly set up the categories for each topic you want to have, like in your case –– Beauty, food, journal, etc.
- Edit the menu items by assigning them the same categories you want the posts to appear.
- Now just assign the correct category to the posts as well.
What is a good blog layout?
White space is a great way to draw attention to your content. A blog layout should be more spare than most web pages so the text stands out more. You can have a minimal layout with a header, single-column posts and a few sidebars, or it can be more complex. Just make sure it isn’t messy.
How do you structure a blog post?
How to structure a blog post
- Have a clear introduction. Every blog post should have a clear introduction that maps out what your post is about.
- Use headings.
- Keep paragraphs short.
- Write in plain English.
- Use your voice.
- Let it be the length it needs to be.
- Use compelling imagery.
- Have a conclusion.