How do you make basketball practice fun?
To enhance your players’ enjoyment of basketball and have fun at practice, try these tips:
- Give each child plenty of repetitions.
- Keep the kids active; don’t force them to stand in lines.
- Involve the parents in drills to rev up the excitement.
What is the best drills for basketball?
10 Basketball Drills Every Player Should Master
- No. 1 – Cutthroat (1 on 1 Closeouts)
- No. 2 – Curl, Fade, Cut.
- No. 3 – Two-Ball Dribbling.
- No. 4 – Full Speed Shooting.
- No. 5 – Post “Crab” Dribble Moves.
- No. 6 – Two Ball Passing.
- No. 7 – Full Speed Dribbling.
- No. 8 – Defensive Lane Slides.
What is the hardest basic skill in basketball?
Passing. Passing has to be the hardest skill to work on individually. Passing is not so much about making an accurate pass–the hard part is getting it there on time and under pressure. Yes, you need to get it there on time on target, but everyone should be able to get the ball there on target.
What should you not do in basketball?
When you are on the court, there are certain things you should not do.
- Shoot on your own basket: If you make it, the other team will get two points.
- Move without dribbling: Any time you have the ball and want to move around the court, you must dribble.
- Ignore your coach: Always listen to your coach.
What are the best basketball drills for beginners?
Chest Pass. It is essential to develop this very common form of passing for beginners. Two players have to stand at a distance of 6 – 8 feet.
What are some good basketball drills for 11 year olds?
– Start in a good athletic stance with feet shoulder-width apart. – Start chopping the feet quickly for 5 seconds – Do a hard defensive lateral slide in one direction for 4 or 5 steps, – Back to the original position and repeat
What are some basketball drills?
How to teach basketball to beginners?
Lay ups – practice contested lay ups.