What is a WD SES Device USB device?
The Western Digital SES driver provides a special communications channel between the PC and the hard drive to enable certain features such as password protection, LED control, and access to the drives label (if applicable).
How do I install WD SES Device USB device driver?
Option 1 – Manually
- Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager.
- Expand Other devices or WD Drive Management Devices.
- Right-click WD SES Device, and select Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- Windows will find the latest driver for you.
How do I access my WD SES device?
Way 1. Install WD SES Device driver via WD Smartware VCD
- Open Run dialog box by hitting Windows key + R key at the same time.
- Locate and right-click on your WD SES USB Device.
- Choose Browse my computer for driver software.
- Note: The driver is located in Extras folder of your WD Smartware VCD.
Do I need WD SES Driver?
The legacy WD SES Driver date from 2011 or earlier is not distributed automatically and you need to download and install it. But Newer SES Drivers are distributed through Windows Updates and are installed automatically with WD Security, Drive Utilities and Smartware.
What do I do if my WD hard drive is not detected?
Locate and right-click on your WD drive and click Change Drive Letter and Paths…. Click Change. Then select from the drop-down menu to assign a letter and click OK. Restart your computer and check if your WD external hard drive not recognized problem has been solved.
How do you fix an unrecognized USB?
USB Device Not Recognized Error: Fixed [8 Possible Solutions]
- #1) Restart Your Computer.
- #2) Update Computer.
- Tenorshare 4DDiG.
- #3) Change USB Root Hub Settings.
- #4) Update USB Driver.
- #5) Check And Change Ports.
- #6) Change USB Selective Suspended Settings.
- #7) Format Your Drive.
How do I open a corrupted external hard drive?
How to fix a corrupted external hard drive WITHOUT formatting
- On the desktop, open This PC (My Computer) and select the desired external hard drive. Right-click it and select Properties -> Tools -> Click on Check.
- Use chkdsk.
- Use Disk Management.
- Use diskpart.