What is the prettiest place in the Keys?
Most Scenic Views in the Florida Keys
- Key West – Fort Zachary Taylor State Park.
- Big Pine Key – National Key Deer Refuge.
- Marathon – Bahia Honda State Park.
- Marathon – Seven Mile Bridge.
- Pigeon Key.
- Islamorada – Florida Bay.
- Key Largo – John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
What are the 5 Keys in Florida?
The Florida Keys are made up of 150 isles, but the 5 main islands that make up the majority of the chain are Key Largo, Marathon, Islamorada, Big Pine Key and Key West. Take a drive from top to bottom, stopping to experience all the amazing watersports and activities these islands offer.
What is the best part of the keys to visit?
Best islands to stay in Florida Keys
- Key West (the most famous of all)
- Key Largo (scuba diving and water sports)
- Marathon (family friendly)
- Islamorada (adventure galore)
- Big Pine Key (relax and isolation)
- Key Largo (for the adventure couple)
- Key West (laid-back and boutique stay)
- Big Pine Key (romantic and isolated)
Can you take a boat ride from Key West to Cuba?
The 250 nautical mile journey will take the fast ferry about 10 hours to complete. From Key West, the sailing distance to Cuba is around 90 nautical miles, a mere 4 hours away.
Which is better Key West or Islamorada?
When we compare the travel costs of actual travelers between Islamorada and Key West, we can see that Key West is more expensive. And not only is Islamorada much less expensive, but it is actually a significantly cheaper destination. So, traveling to Islamorada would let you spend less money overall.
What do locals do in Islamorada?
Islamorada has terrific recreational opportunities, including a section of the Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail that provides scenic and safe bicycling, and my favorite kayak trip in the Keys — kayaking out to historic Indian Key.
Can u see Havana from Key West?
No, you generally cannot see Cuba from Key West or any part of Florida. This is essentially a question of gazing at the lands of one country from another – which, given Cuba’s settlement at about 90 miles from Key West seems pretty impossible (at least through the naked eye).