How do I view backup files on Mac?
And, you can view a specific backup file on macOS Catalina 10.15 or later:
- Open Finder and click the General tab > Manage Backups.
- There will pop up a window that contains the backups you have made on the Mac.
- Click on the backup and there will show 3 options – Delete, Archive, Show in Finder.
How do I access backup files?
Find and manage backups
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the bottom left under “Storage,” click the number.
- On the top right, click Backups.
- Choose an option: View details about a backup: Right-click the backup. Preview. . Delete a backup: Right-click the backup. Delete Backup.
How do I find my backup folder on Mac?
Your backups are stored in a MobileSync folder. You can find them by typing ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup into Spotlight. You can also find the backups for specific devices from Finder. Click Finder on your Mac’s Dock.
How do I access iPhone backup files on Mac?
How to access your iPhone backups on a Mac through iTunes
- To access your backups, simply go to iTunes > Preferences. Go to your Preferences in iTunes.
- When the Preferences box pops up, select Devices.
- Here you’ll see all of your currently stored backups.
- Select “Show in Finder” and you can copy the backup.
How do I view backed up data on iTunes?
Go to iTunes and open preferences. In preferences click on Devices, right-click your device and then press Reveal in Finder. This will show the backups associated with the particular iPhone.
Where are the backup files of a computer saved?
Open the folder that is named after the computer that was backed up. Open the folder that is named after the Windows user whose account was logged in when the backup occurred. Open the folder entitled Backup. Open the folder that will have a name based on the backup set.
How do I access my iPhone Backup files?
Browse Device Backup
- In the sidebar, select your device.
- In the upper toolbar, click Backups.
- In the Backups Window, select the backup that you want to browse and click the View button.
- You have now entered your device’s Backup Browsing View, and you can view its content as it was when the backup was made.
Can I view iPhone Backup files?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud. Tap Manage Storage, then tap Backups. Tap a backup to see more details about it, choose which information to back up, or delete the backup.
How do I access my iPhone Backup on my computer?
In iTunes, go to Preferences, then click the Devices tab. Control-click the backup that you want from the list. Then click “Show in Finder”. In Finder, connect your device and select it from the list of Locations.
Where are iPhone backups stored on Mac Big Sur?
Where did iPhone backup store in MacOS Big Sur? The iPhone and other iOS backup location is under ~/Library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/Backup in MacOS Big Sur. Or you can access from Manage Backups in Finder, and right click the selected backup, and choose Show in Finder.
How do I access my backup files on an external hard drive?
Plug your external hard drive into your computer. Click Start, type backup, then click the Backup and Restore link that appears, then click on the Restore my files button. To restore a specific file, click on Browse for files, then search the folders to find the file. Highlight it, then click Add files.
How do I access iCloud backup on Mac?
View and manage iCloud backups on your Mac
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then click iCloud.
- Click Manage, then click Backups on the left. On the right, you see devices with iCloud Backup turned on.
- To delete a backup, select a device, then click Delete.
How do I view iPhone Backup files on Mac Big Sur?
The iPhone and other iOS backup location is under ~/Library/Application Support/Mobile Sync/Backup in MacOS Big Sur. Or you can access from Manage Backups in Finder, and right click the selected backup, and choose Show in Finder. It will display the backup folder in Finder.
How do I extract iPhone backup files?
About This Article
- Install iPhone Backup Extractor.
- Open the app and select your backup.
- Click Preview.
- Select files to extract.
- Click Extract.
- Choose a folder.
- Click Continue.
How do I view iPhone backup files on Mac Big Sur?
How do I view photos from iPhone backup on my computer?
Open iTunes on your computer. When your iPhone appears in iTunes, click the Summary option. Click the Restore Backup option to recover iPhone photos. Wait for its finishing, and then you will see the photos in your Photos app.
How do I recover files from an external hard drive on a Mac?
Connect the external hard drive to your Mac. Open the Trash by clicking on its icon. Search for the file you want to recover. Right-click on the item and select the Put Back option to restore it to its original location on the external or internal drive.
How do I open a backup folder?
Open the File Explorer and into the address bar at the top of the window paste this copied path (Control + V on your keyboard); Press Enter and the Backup folder should open with the backup files listed.
Where do I find my restored files?
Right-click the file or folder, and then click Restore previous versions. You’ll see a list of available previous versions of the file or folder. The list will include files saved on a backup (if you’re using Windows Backup to back up your files) as well as restore points.
How do I view iCloud Backup files?
View and manage iCloud backups on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. You see the devices with iCloud Backup turned on.
- To delete a backup, tap the name of a device, then tap Delete Backup.